Our non-traditional white tea chai uplifts with floral notes, surprises with star anise, and warms the heart with chai spices.
- 3 grams (about 2 tablespoons)
- 16 oz 185 degree water
- 4 minutes
White tea from Yunnan, China, lavender buds, anise, rose petals, cardamom, star anise, black pepper
Our ingredients are grown clean, whether or not certified organic. We never use "natural" or artificial synthetic flavoring.
White tea, made at 185 degrees or below, yields a low caffeine content. The downy softness (trichomes) on the buds show the tea was plucked early in the season and minimally processed, yielding the highest amount of polyphenols of all tea categories. Polyphenols have both anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
BirdSong Chai Tea Latte (stovetop style)
- Place 6-8 grams (about 4 tablespoons) in a sauce pan
- Cover with 16 oz milk
- Add honey or raw sugar (we like our BirdSong Lattes on the sweet side)
- Heat just below simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain into mugs and enjoy!
Cold Brew Tea
To get the most antioxidants out of your white tea, steep it overnight in cold water as follows:
- measure 3 grams (about 2 tablespoons) and place loose in 16 oz jar
- fill jar to top with cold filtered water
- cover with tight fitting lid
- refrigerate for about 8 hours (when we do this at home we never time our cold brews. We simply pop them in the fridge sometime in the evening and strain them out sometime the next day. Cold brew is very forgiving)
- When your cold brew is ready, filter the leaves through a fine mesh strainer.
Check out our new tea subscription options to enjoy 6 or 12 months of your favorite teas delivered to your doorstep.